Dexcom G5® Mobile
Say hello to Dexcom G5® Mobile. Monitor your glucose on the go with the first fully mobile CGM platform.
Now available with your compatible Android or Apple display devices!
Monitor your glucose on the go with the world’s first mobile-connected CGM system. The Dexcom G5 Mobile system gives you the freedom to view your glucose levels, trends and data from your compatible Android or Apple display devices. A Dexcom G5 Mobile Receiver can also be acquired as an optional display device. With the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System, making treatment decisions has never been easier.
Save over $1,000 when you get started on Dexcom G5 Mobile 12 month subscription plan. Buy Now!
No Confirmatory Fingerpricks Needed to Treat
CGM unveils what no meter can. While meters give a number for a single point in time, CGM provides dynamic glucose information by showing where your glucose is, where it’s going, and how fast it’s getting there. Better yet, with Dexcom G5 Mobile, you can eliminate the need for confirmatory fingersticks, for daily glucose management decisions.*
Monitor Your Glucose With the First Fully Mobile CGM Platform
Dexcom G5 Mobile is the first and only remote continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system approved for adults and children 2 years and older. Using Bluetooth technology that is built into the transmitter, Dexcom G5 Mobile allows for complete remote viewing of glucose levels, trends and data from your compatible smart device.
Receive High and Low Glucose Alerts on Your Mobile Device
With the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System, you’ll be alerted directly on your phone when you’re heading too high or too low. Alerts and alarm sounds can also be customised to appear as a text message, allowing for additional discretion and privacy.
Dexcom ShareTM your CGM data with Loved Ones
Through secure wireless connections, the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System allows remote viewing of glucose levels, trends and data between the person with diabetes and their spouse, grandparent or other loved ones from their compatible smart device. This provides you with added support and peace of mind!
Flexibility of Two Monitoring Devices
Although the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System is a fully-mobile platform, you can also purchase an optional receiver with this system. This gives you the freedom to monitor your glucose data on your smart device with the Dexcom G5 Mobile app or by using a Dexcom G5 Mobile receiver.
Track Your Actions on Your Mobile Device
Exceptional Accuracy and Sensing Performance
Dexcom G5 Mobile provides consistent, accurate1 sensing performance with MARD of 9% for adults and 10% for children as young as 2 years old.
Information on Dexcom G4 PLATINUM availalbe here.
1 Dexcom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, User’s Guide, 2015
^To view a list of compatible devices, visit www.dexcom.com/compatibility
* If your glucose alerts and readings do not match your symptoms or expectations, you should obtain a fingerprick. A minimum of two fingerprick a day is required for calibration.
How it works
The Dexcom G5® Mobile System consists of three components:
- Small Sensor that measures glucose levels just underneath the skin.
- Transmitter that is fastened on top of the sensor and sends data wirelessly to your compatible smart device or your receiver.
- A Display Device which can be a compatible smart device^ with the Dexcom G5® Mobile app OR the Dexcom G5® Mobile receiver. Either choice of display will show your glucose trends in vivid colours so you can easily see when it’s high, low or within range.
Flexibility of Two Monitoring Devices
Although the Dexcom G5® Mobile CGM System is a fully-mobile platform, you can also purchase an optional receiver with this system. This gives you the freedom to monitor your glucose data on your smart device with the Dexcom G5® Mobile app or by using a Dexcom G5® Mobile receiver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact us for more information.
How to purchase
- The Dexcom continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system is not funded by PHARMAC and may be purchased directly from NZMS Diabetes.
- Discuss with your healthcare professional to see if the continuous glucose monitoring system would benefit you.
- Contact us for more info.
For Health Care Professionals
This section contains information specially for Health Care Professionals such as clinical papers, order forms and checklists.