t:slim X2TM Insulin Pump
Small pump. Big features.
Currently using an Animas® Vibe®? You could be eligible to switch to the t:slim X2 at no charge. Contact us to find out more.
The simple-to-use t:slim X2TM Insulin Pump has a slim and sleek design and is capable of remote feature updates.1 It is also the only available pump that is compatible with Dexcom G5® Mobile continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)2 which is approved for making treatment decisions without a fingerprick regardless of whether you are high or low.*†
Remote feature updates.
Tandem allows t:slim X2 users to remotely update features on their insulin pump using a personal computer, without having to wait for a whole new pump. Don’t get locked into outdated technology again!^1
Touchscreen technology makes the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump simple to learn and simple to use, so whether new to pump therapy or well acquainted, the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump was designed to be user friendly.
The beauty of the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump is that it has a slim and sleek design yet it can hold a surprisingly large amount of insulin – up to 300 units. All thanks to our Micro-delivery® technology and an innovative, flat insulin cartridge design.
The t:slim X2 Insulin Pump’s rechargeable battery can be charged from a wall outlet, the car, a power pack, or a computer without interrupting insulin delivery. One top-up charge in as little as 10 minutes each day is usually all that’s needed, or charge fully to last up to 7 days between charges.
The t:slim X2 Insulin Pump is ultra-strong – the aluminum case is very durable and light. The touchscreen is made of high grade, shatter-resistant glass. Plus, the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump is watertight,3 so there is no need to worry about it accidentally getting wet.
Simple basal and bolus dosing.
Personalise the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump to deliver a steady amount of insulin to meet changing needs throughout the day and night. This is called basal delivery.
The t:slim X2 Insulin Pump delivers mealtime insulin, also called a bolus, using a simple, colour touchscreen and an integrated bolus calculator with carb adding capabilities.
View insulin delivery history right on the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump’s screen. Data can also be quickly uploaded to Glooko+diasend® on either a Mac® or a PC, and reports can be generated for more in-depth analysis.
Simple to personalise.
Create up to 6 different Personal Profiles, and within each profile, create up to 16 different time segments that allow individual basal rates, insulin-to-carb ratios, correction factors, and target blood glucose levels. Profiles can be named individually so it’s easy to know which one to use.
* CGM is not currently funded in NZ and is sold separately. CGM-based treatment requires fingerpricks for calibration; may result in hypoglycaemia if calibration is not performed, when taking paracetamol, or if symptoms/expectations do not match CGM readings.
† The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM transmitter can only be paired with one medical device (either a Dexcom receiver or t:slim X2 Insulin Pump) and one compatible mobile device (phone or tablet) at the same time.
^Charges may apply
1. Additional feature updates are not currently available for the t:slim X2 Pump with Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM integration and are subject to future regulatory approvals. Charges may apply. 2. Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM sold separately. 3. Tested up to 1 metre for 30 minutes (IPX7 rating).
How it works
How do insulin pumps work?
Like a healthy pancreas, insulin pumps deliver only one type of insulin. Using personal settings, the insulin is delivered both continuously (basal) and in larger doses for meals (bolus). To learn about the basics of using an Insulin Pump click here.
• 112 grams
(with full 300 unit cartridge)
• Up to 300 units
• For use with Humalog® or
NovoRapid® rapid-acting insulin
• Adjustable volume, visual, vibratory
• High BG (blood glucose), Low BG,
After Bolus BG, Missed Meal Bolus, Site Change Reminder
INSULIN DELIVERY SETTINGS
• 6 customisable profiles
• 16 timed settings per personal profile
• Basal rate, correction factor,
carb ratio, target BG
• 2-8 hours in 1-minute increments
BOLUS INSULIN DELIVERY
• Integrated calculator with numeric keypad
• Range: 0.05 – 25 units
• Increments: 0.01 unit
• Maximum bolus per dose is 25 units (with an option for an additional 25
• 1:1 to 1:33.3 mmol/L (1 mmol/L increments)
• 1:1 to 1:300 g
(0.1 increments below 10 grams)
BASAL INSULIN DELIVERY
• 0.1 – 15 units/hr
• Increments: 0.001 units
• Temporary Basal Rate: 15 minutes to 72 hours
• Dexcom G5® Mobile CGM
Frequently Asked Questions
How to purchase
No charge switch for eligible customers
- If you’re currently an Animas Vibe user you may be eligible to switch to the Tandem T:slim X2 TM Insulin Pump at no charge. Contact us directly for more information.
- The t:slim X2TM Insulin Pump and consumables are now fully funded for eligible patients.
- For information regarding PHARMAC funding for the CGM enabled t:slim X2TM and consumables please contact us.
- To find out if you qualify for funding please talk to your diabetes healthcare team.
- Please note pump accessories are not PHARMAC funded and can be purchased through our online shop.
- If you are not eligible for PHARMAC funding you may purchase a pump directly from us by paying for the full cost of the pump.
- All pumps will be provided after full training and only in consultation with your diabetes healthcare team.
Insulin Pump Consumables
- Our pump consumables are PHARMAC funded for eligible patients.
- For non funded patients insulin pump consumables can be purchased directly through our online shop.
For Health Care Professionals
This section contains information specially for Health Care Professionals such as clinical papers, order forms and checklists.